All vaccination points all over Estonia are available here.
People with moving difficulties can call the vaccinator at home for free by calling the state helpline 1247, or contacting their family doctor.
During the campaign, booster doses are also available on the Tallink Ships Star and Megastar.
Why do you need a booster dose?
It’s clear that the protection you’ll get from the vaccination doesn’t last forever. Booster jab will remind the immune system the signs of the disease and improve the level of protection.
Booster dose is currently the best protection against the Omicron variant, the risks of contracting the virus and falling seriously ill will be minimized.
People with booster doses are 25 times less likely to be hospitalized because of COVID-19 than non-vaccinated people, was the conclusion of the analysis done by the professor of Mathematical Statistics of the University of Tartu, Krista Fischer.
- The data used for analysis: vaccinations by the Estonian Health Board and The Centre of the Health and Wellness Information Systems, positive COVID-19 PCR tests, and COVID-19 hospitalizations (MEDSITREP hospitalization database) based on 28.12.2021.
- People with the finished 1st vaccination course had their last dose of the course at least 14 days ago.
- People with a booster dose had their booster dose at least 14 days ago.
- People with an unfinished vaccination course have had only one dose of the vaccine from a two-dose vaccination course, or had their second dose less than 14 days ago.
What you should know about a booster dose?
- Booster doses become available 2 months after getting vaccinated with the Janssen vaccine, and 3 months after getting vaccinated with AstraZeneca, Pfizer/BioNTech or Moderna vaccines.
- In Estonia, booster doses are available only for adults.
- People, who’ve recovered from COVID-19, can have their booster doses five months after the last dose of a vaccine or their recovery.
- You can choose Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine Comirnaty or Moderna vaccine Spikevax for your booster dose. The vaccine used during your vaccination course is irrelevant.
- The maximum protection is achieved two weeks after getting the booster dose.
- After having your booster dose, you need to create yourself a new vaccination certificate on a Patient’s Portal . The certificate is valid from the moment it’s created.